Ranking 190 economies on measures of regulatory quality and efficiency. Top 10 and bottom 10 ease of doing business ranking.
Factors that make up the Ease of Doing Business ranking: Ease of starting a business, Dealing with construction permits, Getting credit, Trading across borders, Getting electricity, Registering property, Enforcing contracts, Paying taxes, Resolving insolvency, Labor market regulation, Protecting investors.
- New Zealand was ranked number one for the third year in a row.
- In just over a decatd the country of Georgia jumped up 94 spots in the ranking.
- After hitting a low of 123rd in 2011, Russia has climbed back to 31st place in the ranking.
- China’s score jumped by over 8 points in a single year.
- Argentina had the lowest score of the G20 nations.
- Afghanistan’s score increased by over 10 points in a single year.
- Yemen fell 89 spots in over the last decade.