Far from being a south-of-the-U.S.-Mexico-border problem alone, aI least 1,000 U.S. cities reported the presence of at least one of four Mexican cartels in 2010. Meanwhile, south of the border, the machinery of drug creation and facilitation grinds away, spitting out addicts in the US. and more than 50,000 dead bodies in Mexico since 2006. The cartels are looking to spread their tentacles wider.
Jonathan Wain & Richard Jonson via National Post
– Celebrating Lost Loved Ones to the Opioid Epidemic
– The stunning spread of the opioid painkiller and heroin epidemic
– Midlife “Deaths Of Despair” in the United States (2000 vs 2014)
– How States are Prescribing Opioid Painkillers
– Mapping the spread of America’s drug overdose epidemic
– U.S. Drug Overdose Deaths (1999 – 2014)