– Starbucks, based in Washington State, has the most employees, but Costco reigns supreme in terms of revenue.
– In New York, IBM has the biggest headcount, but Verizon tops Big Blue with about $40 billion more revenue each year.
– HP is California’s leader by total employees, but Chevron takes the top spot for revenue.
– Lowe’s beats Bank of America in North Carolina in terms of the number of employees, but not revenue.
– Exxon Mobil (Texas) is one of the world’s largest corporations in terms of revenue and market capitalization. Dallas-based AT&T has more employees, though.
– In New Jersey, Cognizant Technology Solutions is the biggest company by employees – but it can’t compete with Johnson & Johnson for revenue.