Click on the map to see the most common destinations for trips originating from that point.
Powered by open data found here. Over 77 million taxi trips from January to June 2015.
The data was aggregated using Python scripts and stored in flat files for easy and rapid access. The UI is built with Leaflet, d3, jQuery and Bootstrap. The code can be found on GitHub.
Created by Michael Fogleman.
– TV Shooting Locations in New York City
– Noise in New York City
– Mapping snow removal in New York
– New York City greenhouse gas emissions
– Energy use in NYC’s biggest buildings
– Transit Time NYC
– Mapping New York’s economy
– Animated noise complaint maps
– New York City street trees by species
– Interactive map of New York City in year 1609
– New York Citi bike most popular roads
– New York city’s schools are even more divided than housing
– Map of NYC subway system that shows how many calories you would burn walking (or swimming) between stations
– New York City felonies map
– New York City crime rank
– Death map New York
– The gangs of New York
– New York car crashes (2013 – 2015)