The Polish geographer Wincenty Okołowicz identified the following climatic zones:
• Polar (Greenland) and subpolar zones (Alaska)
• Temperate zone splits in two – warm and cool: temperate cool continental (Canada), temperate cool transitional (Saint Petersburg), temperate cool oceanic (
• Subtropical dry (Iraq) and subtropical wet (Greece).
• Tropical dry (Sudan) and tropical wet (Florida).
• Subequatorial dry (Chad), subequatorial wet (Congo), equatorial extremely wet (Singapore)
– Find cities with a similar climate